10 tips for sleeping well
2. Exercise… but not immediately before going to bed. Exercise is very stimulating, which can make it hard to sleep. Avoid exercising two to three hours before going to bed.
3. Avoid late naps. Napping too late in the day can interfere with your sleep at night. Do it before 2pm!
4. Go to bed only when you are asleep. Going to bed before you feel tired is a common mistake. Only go to bed when you are tired enough to fall asleep in less than 15 minutes.
5. Establish a bedtime routine. Establish a routine that allows you to finish everything an hour before going to bed, then relax gradually.
6. Relax before bed. Your body needs to be relaxed before you go to sleep. An hour before bedtime, do only relaxing activities, such as meditation, colouring or reading.
7. Are your thoughts racing? Get out of the room… Instead of staying in bed, get out of the room and sit somewhere comfortable where you can relax….
8. And get rid of your thoughts. Write down your worries to clear your thoughts: what is your worry, how will you deal with it and when will you deal with it?
9. If you snore, talk to your doctor. In some cases, snoring is a sign of obstructive sleep apnea. If you snore, talk to your doctor.
10. Use your CPAP machine. If you have obstructive sleep apnea, make sure you use your CPAP machine! Untreated obstructive sleep apnea can cause heart and brain damage.